Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My schooldays: 'Best days of my life'

My schooldays: 'Best days of my life'
2010/10/09
YAQIN CHING ABDULLAH
SOURCE : NST ONLINE.. http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/10prem/Article/index_html


PREM Shanker Eswaran, 27, was a street salesman selling phone cards, a call centre consultant to two telcos and a ground team personnel at a radio station before becoming what he is today -- host of 8TV Quickie and game show Whack It, and Fly Fm disc jockey.

He also spins at a club every Saturday under the name Premosupremo and plays a rapper in an episode of Crossings, which started airing Oct 1 at 8.30pm over ntv7.

The highlight of his career is "the ability to put a smile on someone's face" every time he's on TV or on air.


And it doesn't matter how -- whether it is someone winning a prize in a TV or radio contest or him saying silly things. "It keeps me happy knowing that I'm making someone happy," says Prem.

The bubbly personality answers questions on his schooldays:

Which primary and secondary schools did you attend?


SRK and SMK Methodist ACS Klang.

Did you have a favourite teacher and why did you like him/her?

I had a few favourite teachers. It was because of the way they taught and the manner in which they treated students. They made us stay in class, enjoy the subject and also learn it well.


What subject(s) did you like at school?

English, Bahasa Malaysia and Science.

Were you rewarded for good performance by your parents? If yes, in what way.

Yes, but they made me work for it. When I was in primary school, my parents bought me a BMX bicycle for being the top boy in class. In secondary school, it was more of a monetary reward. When I was in college, my dad bought a handphone that I wanted when I got good grades.

What was your best (and worst) school holiday?

My best holidays have always been my travels. My parents sent me alone to India when I was 12 to visit relatives.

My mum's older sister took me on many holidays to Indonesia and other places. She's the best.

My worst holiday was when I was suspected of dengue fever and had to be hospitalised on the first day of the school holidays, and I was just about to leave for a vacation. I ended up being in hospital for about two weeks.

What hobbies did you have while at school?

Outdoor games! I just love the outdoors. I was an athlete so I played almost every game in school, from football and hockey to track events. I'm also a cricketer. I learned cricket in India and played for my school and the Klang district.

My only indoor hobby is playing with Tamiya cars, which you build and then race on tracks.

What was your ambition while schooling?

Don't laugh. I wanted to be a scientist. I loved the idea of discovering and creating new things.

If you were to live your schooldays all over again, is there anything you would like to change?

Nothing at all. I had the best days of my life in school and I would do anything to have those times again. Even just for one week... All right, maybe I'll change the way I studied. Work a little harder.


Read more: My schooldays: 'Best days of my life' http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/10prem/Article/index_html#ixzz12nI18dJt

No comments:

Post a Comment