Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catch us if you can : Themes and evidence to support the themes




Themes


Evidence from the excerpts
1. Family and
    relationships
1.       There was only Granda and me. Were the two of us enough to make a family?
2.        We still had each other (chap. 12)

3.       He can behave anyway he wants. He’s the best granda in the world. (chap. 12)

4.       ‘I’m only here till my granda gets out of hospital.’- ‘No grandson of  mine is going to Castle Street. Not when I’m alive.’

2. Growing up /   
    Adolescence

1.     My granda never forgot to take his pills; because I made sure he took them.


2.    ”OK, Big Man, I need some help here. I can’t do this on my own.”
3. Social and civic responsibilities
 1.   People are kind Rory. I thought the whole world was going to the dogs, and then you meet kindness like this. It’s a wonderful world, Rory.’


2.   A wonderful world – Passing us like the baton in a relay race. People who didn’t even know us, but who were willing to help anyway.

4. Social bias

1.  TV reporter - -  the question is how can an old man and a boy disappear like this.      The answer had to be that people are helping them out. The public are very much on their side. 
2.  Ruby’s response: “People are taking sides about you, arguing about the rights and  wrongs of your case. That’s good. The more people who know your plight, the better chance of you staying together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment